AC/DC

Let There Be Rock!!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rhino Bucket.. Clone Rock



I heard them referred to as everything ranging from a Kiss Knock off. (Yeah I know I didn’t get that one either.) to a mediocre AC/DC clone that exemplifies three chord bravado Raunch and Roll at its finest. Whether you like them, love them, or absolutely despise them. Rhino Bucket’s music carries within it a sound that refuses to be ignored. The band was formed in 1988 in Van Nuys California by original members that included; Georg Dolivo (Guitars and lead Vocals), Greg Fields (Guitars), Reeve Downes (ON Bass Guitar) and Rich Kubach (On Drums). The band would get its feet wet first on the LA music scene following in the early footsteps of other bands of the area like; The Four Horsemen, and Rage Against the Machine as well as several others. Warner Brothers records came calling in 1989 and signed the band to do a self titled record simply called; “Rhino Bucket” at which time Liam Jason would take over the drumming duties. The first album was released in 1990 and included such tracks as; One Night Stand, Train Ride and Even The Sun Goes Down. Rhino Bucket would record two more albums between 1990 and 1994, the bands second effort; “Get Used To It” would flirt with the charts with a hit single from the film “Wayne’s World” titled; “Ride With Yourself” and the following year Simon Wright (Formerly with AC/DC and Dio.) would replace Liam Jason on drums. For the 1994 album “Pain.” the band would see a few line up changes however they wouldn’t record again until 2001 when they reformed with Brian Forsythe from the band; “Kix” on lead guitar. Between 2001 and 2009 Rhino Bucket would record 4 more albums. Presently their line up is as follows:
Georg Dolivo: Guitars and Lead Vocals.
Brian Forsythe: Lead Guitars.
Reeve Downes: Bass Guitars.
Simon Wright: Drums.
Today Rhino Bucket still proudly flaunts that same sleazy Raunch and Roll style as they did when they first formed back in 1989. And it doesn’t appear as though that’s going to change anytime soon.






9 comments:

  1. I like their overall rock band sound, but the singing metal screamer is just ick.

    I don't love 'em, or hate 'em, I just think they need a lead singer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon Wright has found a great home....

    Creepy, but because he played for ACDC, and the fact that the singer sounds much like Bon....

    I got say ACDC knock-off, but not in a derogatory way.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. They aren't bad, I suppose they do sound a bit like AC/DC, but I'm sure that's not intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella:


    Georg Dolivo (The Ick Singer) reminds a lot of people of AC/DC's original singer Bon Scott. which is part of the reason I liked- (Not Loved) )this band. I just thought that they were interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharer:

    I think wright Played awhile for Dio as well. but your wright. (sorry) that is kinda weird how that ti turned out that he used to play for Ac/Dc. they are an ok band I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey feller, I haven't done a comparison of voices between the two, perhaps I shall, LOL, but I can't imagine AC/DC's singer sounding like this dude. Maybe I'm just wayyy off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bella:


    AC/DC's Original singer Bon Scott (Not the current one,Brian Johnson) had a very similar delivery and sound, which is why many people consider Rhino Bucket to be an AC/DC clone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you are right about that.

    By the way every time I come in here, there's something new to see! I like the clock face red. and it reads only a quarter after 2 at your house ... its about a quarter after 5 p.m. here!

    and there's always such things to ponder...

    like why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?

    yeah...

    ReplyDelete