AC/DC

Let There Be Rock!!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Forgoing Credibility.. (Not that I had any to begin with)




My occasional bouts with mental irregularities aside, I am actually a pretty normal guy- (Don’t laugh.. It’s not THAT funny)- When I’m not at odds with the numerous imaginary entities and people that exist solely within the confines of my cramped cranium. That being said, It was my self appointed task this early morning to set about finding a follow up to the Rory Gallagher post on this very blog. So how does one follow up after such acts as Gov’t Mule and the great Rory Gallagher? Well it was then that a picture began to form from the mist swirling within the dark recesses of my mind. It has to be someone- a single person or band on the very fringes of fame and fortune, but not quite there yet. Somebody… different.. And that my friends is when the psychosis that I am so noted for.. kicked in… Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I give you… Southern Culture On The Skids.. I shit you not.. That is their name. sometimes known as; “SCOTS” Southern Culture On The Skids is a band that was formed in 1983 in Chapel Hill North Carolina by God only knows who but now consists of Guitarist/vocalist Rick Miller, Bass guitarist/Vocalist Mary Huff, Percussionist Dave Hartman and a second Guitarist named Tim Barnes. My personal impression is however you take their music, love it or hate it is always upbeat and dare I say bordering on the cheerful side. And whoever writes their material appears to like Sex, corn liquor and fried chicken. So in closing, I offer no further excuses for this post other than I am over due for my medication.. So until my complete sanity returns- (And that might take awhile) - - please enjoy my latest offering. I have to go now.. The men with the pretty butterfly nets are here.


~Adieu- Scratch~






















This Flash Player was created @ FlashWidgetz.com.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha! I feel like I'm on that American Bandstand segment of where they rate a record...lol...only its rate a band. This is some wild stuff!

    okay my rate is 3 out of 5...different! They are complete with a go-go dancer!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella:

    They are too funny, But I gotta admit that guy can play a guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella:


    Yeah I liked that one too. Damn we need smileys for these comment sections

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd think they've have smileys but they don't and you can't put html in here either. I think if enough grip they'd change it!

    ReplyDelete