AC/DC

Let There Be Rock!!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rory Live.. Rock & Blues Bomber.




Aesthetically speaking, Rory Gallagher wasn’t one of those types of rockers that would make your little sister sit up and go all; “wow.. His voice! His sound.. He are soooo beautiful!” nope aesthetically speaking Rory Gallagher’s sound was more of a make you want to open a bottle of beer and chug it, or roll and smoke some doobage while shaking your clinched fist at the sky or ceiling. (Not that I would know anything about such activities) while Rory Gallagher wasn’t and probably still isn’t likely to be the first name that might come to mind when you think of accomplished Rock & Blues musicians, but you may take my word for it, he was every bit as accomplished as any of his contemporaries before or since. Born in Ballyshannon Ireland on march 2nd 1948, Rory Gallagher grew up in Cork City and became at an early age a gifted multi instrumentalist who would form his first band at the age of thirteen. The most prominent in the 60’s being his tenure in a band called; “Taste” before embarking on a solo career in the Early 1970’s. while his early studio efforts never garnered him much in the way of commercial success, his albums at present have sold over 30 million copies world wide and his reputation as a charismatic stage performer would make him someone who had to be seen live to be believed. Rory Gallagher died in London England on June 14th 1995, at the age of 47 due to complications following a liver transplant and was laid to rest at St. Oliver‘s cemetery in Cork City Ireland.




~On a side note I must say that I was thrilled when I came across some of these videos of a few of Rory Gallagher’s live performances. The Video player itself has a few minor bugs but I went back in and listened to each one to see if they were hanging up anywhere I found two that did stop in places and went back in and replaced them. I think it works ok now, at least I hope so. Hope you enjoy the Music and the Vids as much as I did. Please let me know if you had problems. P.S. I‘ve disabled the auto start function of the Gov‘t Mule Widget in the side bar but left it up just in case Rory isn‘t your cup of tea. You can stop the videos and listen to the mule by starting the widget manually if you so choose. Have a great Sunday!~



~ Blessings - Scratch. ~




This Flash Player was created @ FlashWidgetz.com.

8 comments:

  1. This is the strangest thing, I couldn't type in here before. Of course my puter's been sticking all over the place. The Rory concert flows beautifully by the way! He's another awesome guitar player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;m liking this immensely. I don't remember hearing anything by him. I guess he wasn't high enough on the Billboard charts to be played on any of our local stations here.

    No problems at all with the widget, and that is surprising since my computer tends to be a bit slow even with regular CCleaner use

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story from an awesome storyteller.

    Rory was the real deal and I thank you for bringing his music back to the top of my mind on this beautiful Sunday, Mr Scratch, sir.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those things said Above and way______
    too good.
    Rory_is the maaaan!
    So Scratch....can I call you that?
    I am known as Hubert esq....around here.
    Just got back_ yesterday.
    I put up a little post dedicated to our first meeting w/ some tunes. hope you enjoy. it's in the second spot. latest post is dedicated to another friend, who came over from the wildwood...stream.
    Moonstone. Sunday...back outside. I'm building a rock wall. Hu_e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bella:

    Sometimes Blogs are funny that way. Maybe it was simply being temperamental? and yeah Rory was another in a long line of amazing guitarists from the 70's. I was thrilled to find these Vids when I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He wasn't all that commercially successful Sherr, but he did still manage to grow quite the following in the 70's and 80's (Me included) what I didn't post on this video but may go back and include is Rory Playing the Mandolin. he was a very talented guy. have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharer:


    yes Rory was.. the real deal. his passing was so sad.. only 47.. he still had a lot of great music to share with us. (No Pun intended.) have a great Sunday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well hello again Hubert! I paid another visit to your blog here and I must say I loved the music! I can't believe that I've never heard of Diane Birch what a talent she is. thank you for the introduction to her music. I will be looking for her soon. have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete