AC/DC

Let There Be Rock!!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Les Is More..




Les Dudek is probably another one of those in a long line of guitarists that you have probably never heard of- but would no doubt enjoy immensely if you had. But that’s the tricky part, you probably HAVE heard him but didn’t know it. He has after all lent his considerable talents many times over to a host of other prominent musicians ranging from Boz Scaggs to the Steve Miller band, and once was even invited to play in a little group called; “Journey” and even did some studio work with The Allman Brothers Band on their “Brothers and Sisters” album. He has worked on other projects as well such as Maria Muldaur’s 1978 album “Southern Winds” and in 1980 collaborated with Dave Mason on the album; “ Old Crest On A New Wave.”
A road that lead to other collaborations with the likes of Cher And Stevie Nicks, contributing a significant amount of music to the soundtrack for the 1984 Cher Movie; “The Mask” So, while his name doesn’t quite roll of the tongue you more than likely have heard him play. As far as Les Dudek’s solo career goes, he has done a few studio albums. two of which were minor hits “City Magic” from his 1976 self entitled debut album and “Old Judge Jones” from the 1977 album “Say No More” I personally didn’t discover Dudek’s talents until 1979 one full year after the release of the album “Ghost Town Parade.” ( my personal favorite by the way) the Video Widget below contains Two nuggets from the “Ghost Town Parade” album, “Central Park” and “Falling Out” so now that I’ve completely butchered the timeline of his stellar career, in closing, let me take this opportunity to introduce to you Mr. Les Dudek. I hope you enjoy his music as much as I do.


~Adieu.. Scratch~






This Flash Player was created @ FlashWidgetz.com.

7 comments:

  1. hey feller, I can't hear anything?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella:


    Its on the site the videos were loading just fine and now nothing. but its only the videos. I've already told them. no answer yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well The Video is way too small but its working.. I hope they get the videos fixed Flash widgetz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, I don't recall the name per se of this feller, but he's a good picker! I hope they get the widgetz fixed too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey that widgetz is now fixed! hot doggie! geeze that was quick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also discovered something interesting. they have two different Music listing pages. one is short and one has a bunch of different stuff on it. only problem I found the second music page by accident and now I can't find it again. DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually HAVE heard of Les. I sure am glad you posted this though for the benefit of those that haven't or have heard him and didn't know it. Man, what a way to go through your career. Gotta be comfortable in your talent to do that. I always have had a lot of respect for the great session musicians....everybody hears them but nobody knows their names.

    Good post my bud,

    S

    ReplyDelete